What is the one thing it takes to be successful? In order to evaluate this question it is first necessary to understand what "success" is and what all successful people have in common. It is probably safe to assume that you want to be more successful.
By definition, success is the realization of a worthy goal. A goal is the one thing - the single most important factor in achieving success. Without a realistic goal, you will never know when you have reached your success level.
The goal must be realistic, measurable and obtainable. As time passes, your goal can always be adjusted upward. However, if your initial goal is to be worth $1,000,000 by the year end and you are currently only worth $100,000 with an annual income of $50,000 a year and this is November, you most likely will never be able to reach it and therefore, it is unrealistic.
Biting off a job in small portions makes the eventual achievement of the total task seem easier and manageable. That is why a 90-day goal is so effective. Successful people set a goal, re-evaluate their goal, and scale it upward toward an even greater accomplishment.
So many people never get anywhere in their lives because they don't know where they are trying to go. If you don't have a destination you will have no reason to make plans? If you don't know where you are going, you won't be able to help anyone else reach their destination?
Several years ago there was a study done at Harvard University. The graduating class was polled and it was found that only 3 percent of the class had any clear goals set for their future. Twenty years later, the researchers followed up on that same graduating class. The 3 percent who had clearly defined goals accomplished more and made more money than the other 97 percent combined!
Once you get into a habit of goal-setting, you will wonder how you ever managed to accomplish anything before.
What about long range goals?
A five year sales goal is much more attainable if it is worked on 90-days at a time. Set your long range goals - but break them down into 90-day increments.
PS: Be sure and check out my new training modules www.BobOros.com